Monday, April 15, 2013

Lynn's Trip, part 3 and a half

Here's the rest of it. Sorry I'm so late. My sworn brother just got out of surgery and I've been standing by him all day while he recovers.


The tears returned. “All I did was get drunk! I’ve been drunk before, and nothing like this ever happened! I get drunk every Saturday night, for Pete’s sake! I’ve never passed out before, but I know people who have, and nothing like this ever happened to them!” By then I was erupting like a tear volcano. I sniffled, sobbed, wailed, and even kicked my foot a little when I couldn’t stand it anymore. I was a mess and Al knew it, which was why he remained completely silent while I made a spectacle of myself. I’m surprised he didn’t just roll his stony eyes and walk away. He just stood there and watched me carry on like a three-year-old child. When I finally calmed down, my dress was soaked with tears and I had a headache.
            Al laid his rocky hand on my shoulder. “Are you done?”
            I looked up at him and nodded pitifully. I was a mess. I saw him wince when he saw just how much snot was all over my face.
            “Lynn,” he said, “what do you think we should do with you?”
            I half sighed and half groaned. “I don’t know.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment